Thursday, February 13, 2014

T.V. and Movies

Who knows what Comcast is? This is the first time I have ever heard of this cable company. The only ones I have ever heard of is Time Warner (this is what I am currently subscribed to), AT&T, Fios, and Direct TV. It seems that Comcast has purchased Time Warner Cable. It was a surprise to me because I have never heard of Comcast. It is said that the merger of these two groups will have a big impact in the industry. Now this raises the question what companies in the film industry will merge and create a megacompany that will rival all other companies. As a filmmaker I am troubled that such a thing could happen, no one likes monpolies. As a student studying filmmaking I have no clue about the technicallites of mergers of companies, but as long as there is still an industry to work at-- I guess I would be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment