Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Importance of Hollywood

Does America have a culture? Since America is made up of different people who are of different races and different backgrounds America is considered to not have one set culture. Other countries make fun of us not only with "fat American jokes" but they also make fun of us because we have no culture. But what makes America great is the mixture of ideas these different cultures represent. One of the cultures that developed in the US is Hollywood. 

To me, I think Hollywood is important and the movies we create are a representation of what we are as a country. Directors and other greats in the industry bring with them their experiences and different culture to add to the creativity of the products they create. Everyone should recognize Hollywood as a representation of this country, people all over the world love to watch Hollywood movies, it's a fact.

Not only do I recognize Hollywood as important but the US government has recognized it too. Hollywood and the arts are very important to the US because according to research there is a $917 billion economic activity. Hollywood brings in money and gives jobs to alot of people. According to the article 310,000 people received jobs concerning this industry. As a student filmmaker I find it wonderful that Hollywood is a big part of this country. In the future when I become a storyboard artist or director I have something to be excited for because of the many jobs available. Hollywood today is pretty impresive, I wonder how much it will change in the future. Do you think it will become even graduer? Maybe they'll make the "Hollywood" sign BIGGER!


No comments:

Post a Comment