Friday, November 22, 2013

The Chinese and the British

"China's Interet Video Gian Youku Todou Picks Up Three TV Dramas From Endemol." Endemol, an international television production and distribution company, struck a deal with Youku Todou (Two of China's biggest online TV companies, who has recently merged). The Chinese company got the rights for three drams from Endemol. It seems like this Chinese company is making its way to produce legit content. To show their seriousness they sued and online search giant called Baidu for $49 million dollars. China is not playing a around, they get more than 300 million views a day. China is making progress in the film business, pretty soon they can be producing high end stuff. Will Hollywood stay the center? Or will it move around? As a filmmaker I think I should be worried about China taking the fiilm industry away from the US but I don't see that happening for a long time. As a film student this doesn't really concern me, except for the fact that maybe Youku and Tudou may have better content streaming than the rest of competing websites.

LINK TO CONTENT

No comments:

Post a Comment