3D Technology
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/honors-hires-gopros-hero3-13-617712
http://www.consumerelectronicsnet.com/article/DDD-wins-two-3D-awards-from-International-3D-Society-2779489
I think that 3D is the direction the film industry is heading in now. The first article from HollywoodReporter.com talks about new the 3D technology that is being produced by companies such as Sony. It also talks about Josh Grish being promoted to "senior vp of film and television services and general manager of U.S. operations." The second article talks about how TriDef was award 3D awards from "International 3D Society." They have created apps that converts videos into viewable 3D with out the need for glasses. It mentions in the article, "Its TriDef® 3D solutions convert 2D to 3D automatically, and enable delivery to 3D TVs, PCs and mobile devices." I think that these are very important articles because the world of 3D is starting to become larger and larger. TriDef has made it possible to turn 2D videos into 3D with their technology. As a student and as a guy I can't help but feel excited about these inventions. Though this technology is only on certain platforms I'm certain it will catch up to the film industry soon. Infact I think that 3D movies are already a big part of the industry. As a consumer I am happy that movies are becoming more and more realistic, it makes watching the movie more fun. As a film student I would love to work with 3D technology someday. I think when 3D is fully developed and when wearing the glasses don't give people head aches, this technology is a great tool to making awesome movies. And also as a future filmmaker, I can see myself working with 3D. The reason for that is because 3D gives that sense of realism to the viewer. It is another tool that draws people into my movie. It is a great tool that can be used to make the audience feel connected to the world that I would have created. I can't help but think if the current filmmakers out there are totally disregarding this great tool that can be use to further develope their pieces of art. The reason I say this is because even though I think that 3D is great wearing those glasses gives me a headache and makes me not want to watch the movie anymore. If there's amazing 3D technology out there ( EXAMPLE: "a portable 3D laser projector fromOptical Microvision Lab; Amblyz, a technology for medical use from Xpand 3D"), why hasn't there been a major development in the film industry?
Wow that's interesting. For me 3D movies give me a headache as well and then sometimes I forget that the movie is actually in 3D but if the technology for 3D movies would advance I too would look forward in working with the technology and watching it.
ReplyDelete