The DOTS Initiative
The worry of todays film industries are securing movies in a way so that they last longer. DOTS is a Digital Optical Tape System that "makers are pitcching as the solution to solving Hollywood's "archiving dilemma." It is a problem because securing the old movies are an important part of The films industries history. As a future film maker and as a film student I think its very important to secure the olds movies made in the past because a lot can be learned from these old master pieces. I think its also important as a consumer because if an old movie is lost then looking for it would be a difficult task. I think that having the movie in an archiving system would make everything for consumers very simple. The DOTS initiative makes all of that possible. this way of archiving makes the movie last 100years at least. If DOTS isnt produced i wonder what alternate way will the industry use to keep the old films secure. Considering that this project is expensive.
http://hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/digital-archiving-technology-could-612674
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/digital-archiving-technology-dots-could-612674
ReplyDelete