Viewster, a "European VOD Service" is haveing a film competition and so far 84 films have been entered. They say that the amount and quality of these films were very impressive. Any body is able to participate and anyone can watch the entries online at Viewster.com. What's great about this competition is that Viewster is giving the producers of the winning films an opportunity to enter a "revenue-sharing deals" with them. I think that competition like these is what keeps film going. Small time film makers such as myself and many others are grateful or things like these competitions. They give us an oppurtunity to rise to their challenge and show the world what we can do. Putting it up on Youtube is fine and is the first choice but being entered into a completion and having the chance to win a prize is highly satisfying. I think that competitions like these are important because they give the opportunity of giving the film student confidence. As a future filmmaker I believe that competitions such as these are good for the industry. What type competitions will come up in the future?
Link to article.
No comments:
Post a Comment