Posting random things that have to do with film. Every week I post something related to the film industry.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Women!? WTF!?!...win the future!?!
Men and women are in a cycle. Women especially most moms like to boss men around. The previous sentence is irrelevant to the issue at hand which is women are taking over man.They are taking over the industry and it started with the French. According to SreenDaily.com and a study CNC 279 films were directed by women and only 210 were by men. Sexism is a huge topic in the U.S. especially women make a big deal out of it, but is good to see that more women filmmakers are starting to get to the top--having a wife that's into making movies (lol know what I mean?;) wouldn't be so bad. The article also states that the percentage of pay that goes to women has risen by 3.3%in 2008 while 21.9% dropped from mens. Now before you get angry (guys) women all over the world have been receiving less pay for equal work, for many many years now. The industry is leveling. As a future filmmaker I think this rise of female directors and produvers is a good thing. Like I said I need a wife. All joking aside I believe that film shouldn't be limited to one gender everyone has ideas that they need to express, even women. I don't think that the industry would change much except that the industry would be based in the kitchen....KIDDING ladies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment