As the Sound Guy who is in charge of the foley I can pretty much say that 90% of all the sounds are completed. When gathering foley it is best to make a list of all the sounds you will need when one is creating a film. It keeps everything more organized. Also I learned from my teacher that if you don't have the actual props to make the sound then get creative and use something else. For example: Since I was not able to access a bike on a regular basis, I grabbed a wheel chair we keep in the storage of my film class and used that as the sound for the bike. I flipped the wheel chair on its side and spun the wheel in a fast enough pace where I can lightly jam a plastic ruler in between the ridges to make the sound of a bike's wheels turning in rotation on the concrete. It was the closest sound I could produce without the use of an actual bike.
Posting random things that have to do with film. Every week I post something related to the film industry.
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
FIlm Journal-Editing and Foley
So far so good. My film is almost completed. I shouldn't say mine bu my group's film project is almost completed. We were supposed to have a re-shoot on Monday which was yesterday but it was cancelled. I even brought my clothes and everything for the re-shoot. It ended up getting cancelled because I guess the producer, director, and DP all thought we were done with shooting and had completed all needed shots. Or maybe because we still haven't edited the film to an extent where we still don't know what important key shots we still have missing. But I trust my DP and Director so I'll leave the job of deciding the shots to them. Now we are just editing. Our editor Mimi is doing a fine job with that with the help of my DP Eric. While our director is in the back supervising them. And I sometimes get the chance to edit once in a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment