Saturday, September 21, 2013

5 Minute Film Project

Hey guys! So my teacher in my class for filmmaking has assigned my group a five minute video assignment. We had to write scripts in the proper format. (And if you're interested in a program which is free and easy to use for writing scripts use Celtx, celtx.com) After we wrote them we revised it and we got into groups and chose one script we wanted to film, then we revised that one too. Filmmaking is such a slow process sometimes. BUT NOW! WE GET TO FILM!

Starting from today on till I finish this project I have also been assigned to write a film journal documenting what I've experienced and what I've learned because of this project.

So far my group  of five people including me have chosen a script. Its title is, "Speed Up" written by my friend Gustavo. We have already chosen our roles. I will be the cameraman in charge of all the shots and filming. As the cameraman I will be in working very closely with the director, Gustavo. My job would be to work with the director to produce the image inside his head on film. I am basically just a copier machine, I'm one of those 3 D printers, what fun. My friend will be the actor, he will act as the main character. I will act in this movie too but I'm not as important because my appearance is short. My other teammate is in charge of sound. She will be in charge preparing with listing all of the foley sounds we might need in this video. She is also in charge of the room tone and everything that has to do with sound.  And the hardest job of all would be the producer's role. My friend got stuck with that job. Producers are in charge of keeping everyone of task. If we were to compare our group to basketball, the producer would be considered as the point guard. They are in charge of the team and is the pace-makers of the game.

I am really excited to be the cameraman for this project. I like experimenting with different shots and seeing which ones would add to the value of the movie. What's your favorite position when making a movie?

Well that's all for now. Every week I will post a journal describing the things I've experienced while working together with my group producing this 5 minute film. Look out.


No comments:

Post a Comment